TECH NEWS DESK:
Last Month, Microsoft Edge build 102.0.1227.0 was released to the Dev Channel insiders promising that one more update will come from version 102 before the company shifts the development to 103. Later, Microsoft Edge Build 102.0.1235.1 was released and the company said that the insiders will see a few more updates before getting Microsoft Edge version 103 in the Dev Channel.
Now it’s time to get Microsoft Edge version 103. Microsoft now releases Edge Dev build 103.0.1253.0. Being the first build from version 103, Microsoft Edge gets a few new features and improvements as listed here.
What’s new and improved in Microsoft Edge build 103.0.1253.0
- Added the ability to pin PWA / websites installed as apps to the taskbar from their … menus.
- Enabled by default the ability to search in the History popup using natural language (for example, “Youtube from last week”).
- Added a management policy to set the Internet Explorer mode Zoom Display type, which controls if the browser’s zoom level takes into account the current display scale like IE used to (for example, if display scaling is set to 150%, then IE’s default zoom level would show 150%). Note that updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have occurred yet.
- Fixed a crash on launch.
- Fixed a crash when visiting certain websites.
- Fixed a crash when adding items to Collections.
- Fixed a crash when switching profiles in the Edge Bar.
- Fixed a crash in WebView2 applications when adding Status Bar text.
- Temporarily disabled the search box in the Alerts and Tips popup.
- Fixed an issue where the browser sometimes does not respond to links clicked from other applications if it’s not already open.
- Fixed an issue where the browser isn’t brought into the foreground if it’s minimized when clicking on a notification in the Windows Action Center.
- Fixed an issue where previously-opened tabs are sometimes restored when first opening the browser even though they’re not supposed to be.
- Fixed an issue where vertical tabs are improperly colored when using custom themes.
- Fixed an issue where the Find on Page UI is red.
- Fixed an issue where navigator.mediaCapabilities sometimes does not report proper decodingInfo to websites.
- Fixed an issue where app or popup windows opened from IE mode tabs don’t automatically resize when they’re supposed to.
- Fixed an issue in WebView2 apps where the on-screen keyboard sometimes doesn’t appear (Issue 460).